Issuing Through Primary Financial Really is that Simple
SimpliCD is the leverage you need
Primary Financial manages SimpliCD (pronounced "simplicity"), a turnkey certificate of deposit program established in 1996.
Issuing share certificates through SimpliCD allows you to leverage our nationwide network of over 3,500 credit union relationships to generate the funds you need. Best of all, issuing through SimpliCD is as hassle-free and simple as investing through SimpliCD.
Recognizing the critical need for credit unions to have a sound policy and process for managing liquidity risk, the NCUA adopted Regulation 741.12 that requires federally insured credit unions to take specific steps to ensure appropriate risk management and access to liquidity. SimpliCD Issuance provides a primary source for liquidity by attracting deposits from other credit unions with excess liquidity looking to invest through SimpliCD. SimpliCD Issuance complements or provides a competitive alternative to FHLB advances or other funding alternatives. Managed through Primary Financial, SimpliCD has helped credit unions attract funds at very competitive rates, while maintaining the convenience of working with a trusted partner, us.
Here's how the program works: When you're seeking deposits, give us, or your corporate, a call. Using market analysis, we'll help you set a rate to attract the deposits you need. Then we'll publish your offering to a nationwide network of credit unions through Primary Financial's extensive network of investors. Primary Financial works with more than 3,500 credit union investors, many of whom are looking to place funds on a daily basis through the SimpliCD program. Primary Financial will not only publish your offering out to the credit union network, we will act as custodian on your behalf and can set up one large certificate, instead of you having to set up multiple smaller share certificates. This is a great way to raise your first $150 to $200-million.
- A centralized way to raise funds and generate liquidity through issuing federally insured share certificates.
- Access to a nationwide market of credit union investors – no one can reach as many credit unions as SimpliCD.
- The option to settle everything through your corporate.
- Issue certificates in transactions sizes from $100,000 to $50 million+.
- Flexible terms that can be tailored to suit your asset / liability needs.
- The ability to pool multiple investors into one share certificate, which you open on your books similar to a normal member account, saving you time and money. After opening the account, you send one signature card and account opening document and one monthly interest payment. We make just one wire transfer to you. It's that simple. And all that while the investors retain full federal share insurance coverage.
- Free market analysis and no direct expense to you. The rate you pay is your all-in effective rate making it easy for you to analyze the cost of funds. You won't need to consider subscription fees or broker fees in your cost of funds analysis.
SimpliCD DTC Option
Do your credit union’s liquidity needs exceed $200-million in deposits? The DTC market may be right for you. Issue DTC certificates with SimpliCD to potentially reach all U.S. credit unions with the safety of working with a credit union owned entity.
Low Income Designation
Even more good news for low-income designated credit unions. Per the NCUA, federally chartered and many state chartered credit unions with the low income designation are not limited to nonmember deposits from credit unions and public funds. SimpliCD will have the ability to market your rate to its many institutional customers, including CUSOs and Trusts, and many other entities, greatly increasing your investor audience.
Complete and sign the Certificate Regarding Credit Union's Acceptance of Deposits from Primary Financial Co LLC and email a copy to SimpliCD-Trading@epfc.com or your corporate.
Work with our trading desk to develop the terms of issuance.
Make your offerings available to a nationwide market of investors the same day.